7 Australian States & Territories are banning lightweight shopping bags (we're still working on NSW) and 6 Australian States & Territories are implementing Container Deposit Scheme (we are working on VIC & TAS) but we've still got plenty in our sights...
- CUT THE WRAP - Our new key campaign to stop excessive and unnecessary plastic packaging, particularly on fresh produce - big plans are afoot!
- SINGLE USE-LESS - We are building a network of plastic-free communities through our Communities Taking Control program. Help us drive a phase-out of single-use plastic takeaway items.
- MICROSIZE / MACRO PROBLEM - Help us achieve a national ban on microbeads and take firm action to identify and act on other microplastics, such as synthetic microfibres.
- BAN POLYSTYRENE - We will seek a national ban on the ocean's biggest killer. Polystyrene in the environment breaks up easily into microplastics and contains a known carcinogen - Styrene... only a ban will do!
- KEEP THE PLASTIC BAG BANS HONEST - We will maintain the pressure to stop thicker bags being given away & to include other plastic bags in state bans.
Donate today and together we will stop plastic pollution before it reaches the ocean. Help us to make Australia a ZERO WASTE nation! (every donation $2 and over is tax deductible)
Alternative methods of donating:
- Cheque - please make payable to Total Environment Centre and post to PO Box K61, Haymarket NSW 1240, with a note saying that your donation is for the Boomerang Alliance.
- Phone/Email - please contact Jenn (email@example.com / 02 9211 5022) with your credit card details and let her know that your donation is for the Boomerang Alliance.
- Paypal - via this link.
- Direct debit or deposit to our bank account.
Bank: Commonwealth Bank
Account Name: Total Environment Centre
Account Number: 10012342
For direct debit/deposit donation, please include your name in the transaction details and contact Jenn (firstname.lastname@example.org / 02 9211 5022) to confirm that your donation is for the Boomerang Alliance and to request a receipt.
N.B.: Boomerang Alliance and its donations are managed by Total Environment Centre (a DGR1 endorsed charity).